Exit Planning and Business Disposals
Is it too early to be planning an exit?
Arguably, a good time to start exit planning is when you set up the business. However, the reality is that most owners are too busy building and growing their business to think about an exit at that stage. Consequently business exit strategy and succession planning is frequently overlooked.
An unplanned approach to retirement or the sale of your company can lead to the value of your business (or of your shareholding) not being maximised. Planning an exit a few years in advance is potentially the best way to achieve your objectives (financially and otherwise) as well as ensuring a smooth transition.
We have extensive knowledge of business sales and the related process and will stand by you in any negotations.
At Brooking Ruse, we can:
- Review the current business structure and advise on preparing the business for sale
- Discuss the different options available to you and advise on business valuations and the timing of a sale
- Advise regarding actions that will help improve the business value
- Advise on tax matters relating to a sale
- Help to understand the legal jargon coming your way
- Advise on the financial and tax sections of any contract of sale.